Close at hand and everything under one umbrella
Year after year several million passengers arrive here to spend their holidays in the Algarve, and during peak season the airport is extremely busy. Accordingly, we recommend that you take this into account and allow sufficient time to check-in for your flight. Over the last few years the airport has been significantly enlarged and modernized to keep pace with the increasing demand.
The airport offers many services to make arrival and departure from Faro as easy as possible. This includes a variety of shops and restaurants in the departure lounge as well as various facilities upon arrival. All these services are located under one umbrella and can be easily accessed as everything is close at hand.
Car hire at Faro International Airport
You will find most of the international rental car companies at Faro Airport. In addition various regional and local providers offer their services with reasonable prices and quality.
Please bear in mind that you have to pay tolls when using the A22 motorway which connects the major cities in the Algarve. Since 2011 this motorway has been equipped with an electronic toll collection system - so please ask your provider if your car is equipped with a device (OBU=on board unit) to automatically register your car when driving on the A22.
Parking your car at the International Airport of Faro
The airport has several parking lots to meet the various requirements of its visitors:
- P1: Short Term (Departure)
- P2: Short Term (Arrival)
- P3: Long Term
- P4: Car Rental
- P5: Buses
- P6: Mini Buses, Taxi T
Airport transfer from Faro Intenational Airport
Prices for an airport shuttle depend on the number of people (1-4 persons, or 4-8 persons). A discount of 15% is offered if you book a round trip.
Public transport facilities at Faro International Airport
There are two EVA bus routes connecting the airport with the city of Faro, Linha 14 and Linha 16. Bus route Linha 16 takes less than 20 minutes to the bus station (Terminal Rodoviário) in the city centre. From the bus station you can take several long distance connections to the major cities in the Algarve, as well as Lisbon and Seville.
Faro Airport access
Getting to Faro International Airport (FAO)
You can go to Faro from Lisbon by train within 3-4 hours at low cost. The most important localities are also connected via the 1lane railway linha do Algarve. Bus route 16 will take you from the central station in Faro to the airport.
Bus routes of EVA Transportes
- Intercity coaches: The most important localities in the Algarve as well as Lisbon and Seville can be accessed by long distance busses.
- Local traffic in Faro: The bus routes 14 and 16 are going to Faro airport.
- EN125 from direction Albufeira: On the western entry to Faro turn to the 4lane access road EN125-10 and follow the sign posts aeroporto to the airport.
- EN125 from direction Olhão: Follow the EN125 bypassing Faro on the new northern ring-road (Variante Norte) then turn to the 4lane access road EN125-10 and follow the sign posts aeroporto to the airport.
- EN2 from direction São Brás de Alportel: On the northern entry to Faro turrn to the 4lane access road and follow the sign posts aeroporto to the airport.
- Motorway A22 from direction Lisbon, Portimão and Spain: Leave motorway at exit 13 and follow the sign posts aeroporto on the EN125-4 to the EN125. On the western entry to Faro turn to the 4lane access road EN125-10 and follow the sign posts aeroporto to the airport.
Driving Directions to Faro Airport
Just type your location and click on "Route".